From Thanksgiving to New Year's Day, household waste increases by more than 25%!
Here are 10 ways to incorporate "going paperless" into the holiday season, and to have Peace of Mind, not Pieces of Paper...
- Planning a Holiday Party? Try sending an e-card or an online party planning tool to invite guests.
- Eliminate paper in your holiday celebrations by using only reusable dishes, utensils, and glasses; replace paper napkins with cloth napkins; replace paper towels, use kitchen towels or at least use recyclable paper towels.
- Skip the wrapping paper! Creative ideas for great wrapping paper alternatives include gift bags, boxes or fabric.
- Buy gifts that don't require wrap. Donations and volunteering are just some ideas.
- Replace your paper planner with an electronic one. PDA's: Blackberry and smart phones all have contact management capabilities.
- Online e-zines, blogs, and PDF versions of printed magazines are becoming more and more popular, both as a replacement for and a supplement to printed publications.
- Utilize social media tools to share information: favorite websites, cool videos, and even gift ideas.
- Commit to all online banking: statements, bill, and payments.
- Reduce junk mail (just think of the numerous catalogs received during the holidays).
- Going paperless at the office? Check out our holiday video and contact us today!